As Kingston College celebrates its 86th anniversary, the KCOBAJ led by Dr. Ray Fraser, has put together a Founder’s Week Committee charged with the responsibility of not only organizing a memorable week of activities, but also to ensure that fundraising objectives materialize. The planned activities include:
- Sunday, April 10 - Church service at St. Augustine Chapel. This will be followed by a Brunch on the North Street Campus. Rededication of Bishop Gibson’s monument is being contemplated.
- Monday, April 11 – Day of Mentoring – Old Boys will visit the school and talk with/make presentations in every form. Target - minimum 50 old boys. Talks will centre around the history of and outstanding contributors to KC.
- Tuesday, April 12 - Free Day
- Wednesday, April 13 - Bishop Gibson Lecture to be held at St. Augustine Chapel commencing at 12:00 noon. Lecture to be delivered by the Rt. Rev. E. Don Taylor.
- Thursday, April 15 - Evening of Lyming at Studio 38 at Pulse
- Friday, April 16 – Socials sponsored by old boys at various locations
- Saturday, April 16 – FORTIS DAY
Sports Extravaganza at Clovelly Park led by Notable old boys – cricket, football, basketball, table tennis etc – Fun unimaginable! Sharing of “light moments” from schoolboy days.
Pledges and donations will be solicited towards the purchase of a new school bus.
Grand Founder’s Day Party at Curphey Place – featuring Fab 5 and Merritone with other special artistes. Admission J$1200 presold and J$1,500 at the gate. Proceeds will go toward the renovation of the Science Block.
A photo exhibition will be mounted at North Street from Monday (April 11) showcasing the achievements of Kingston College over the 86 years.
This is indeed an excellent time for all members of the Kingston College fraternity, not only in Jamaica but also from the Diaspora, to come together for the good of Kingston College.