In 1941, after 14 years of “thrills and spills” the Sunlight Cup moved to Clovelly Park for the first time. The Sunlight team was coached by West Indies power batsman, Ken “Bam Bam” Weekes.
The team is captained by Louis Williams who makes the All Schools squad. He eventually becomes Jamaica’s pioneer plastic surgeon. There were three Prescods on the team: George, Joe and John. Another set of brothers on the team is Icar and Fitz Lawrence.
World War II is raging in Europe and news of Old Boys killed in the war is received. The neighboring rectory of the Kingston Parish Church is purchased and renovated. It is named Hardie House after the archbishop whose actions saved the school in 1933 by making it a Diocesan institution.
Johnson, A. (2008). The Brave May Fall But Never Yield: History of Kingston College 1925-2006. ISKAMOL Ltd.